Shipping and Returns
Q: Do you offer in-store pickup?
A: Yes we do.
Q: How much is shipping?
A: Shipping costs are calculated at checkout by weight and size of package guidelines. We offer a flat fee of $10.00 no matter the amount, size or weight. However, you will be given the USPS shipping options just in case they might be lower than the $10 rate. Our flat rate shipping is basic, ground service. Expedited shipping services are available at an extra charge.
Because we have not included shipping costs in our prices, we cannot offer free shipping at this time.
Q: When will my order ship?
A: Orders are processed in the order in which they are received. All in-stock orders will ship within 48 hours. Tracking numbers are automatically sent to the customer when the package is received by the shipping service.
Q: What if you are out of stock on my item?
A: Please check with us to see if it is an item that we will continue to carry. If it is, we will make every effort to have it back in stock as quickly as possible!
Q: A sales associate called and said you were out of my item after I placed my online order. What now?
A: Our website reflects real-time inventory. However, it may be possible at times that we sell an item online as we are selling it in our physical location. Hopefully, this is a rare occurrence. If, however, this does happen, you will be able to cancel the entire order or have your order partially shipped.
We hope you are very pleased with your purchase, but in case you are not, please read below for the return policy & procedures.
If your order is received with a wrong or a defective item, please notify us within 3 days of receiving your order. We can be reached via phone at (205) 593-4154 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return Policy Summary:
Most items (see exclusions below) are eligible for returns. Return shipments must be received within 14 days of your package's shipment date (please allow 5-7 days within the 14 day window for us to receive your return shipment).
Non-returnable items: opened items, used merchandise, seasonal décor, sale items, perishable items, and customized/personalized items.
- Return shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. The returned items will be credited to the Customer's original payment method.
- When exchanging an item, return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
- When exchanging, the returned items will be handled as a store credit which will then be used to pay for the replacement item. If the exchanged item's cost is greater than the original purchase, we will ask to charge against your original form of payment or another of your choice. If the replacement amount is less than the original purchase, we will credit the difference to the original payment method used. We will contact you to discuss exchange options & assist to complete the exchange order.
- Original shipping is non-refundable unless a mistake is made by us, The Cottage of Serendipity, during order fulfillment. Returns due to our mistake will have shipping charges refunded.
- Clothing must have original tags attached and in unworn, unwashed condition.
- A completed Return Authorization Form, included in your original shipment, must accompany the return.
- To save return shipping, you may drop off your online return, along with the Return Authorization Form at our physical location at Brookwood Village.
Mail Returns to:
The Cottage of Serendipity
764 Brookwood Village
Homewood, AL 35209